Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Observations from being sick.

Monday, I woke up with that feeling. You know the one... the start of what will be a cold that you are certain has no other purpose other than to kill you. Death by mucous. Oh yeah, baby... we're talking hardcore here. Luckily, this isn't the H1N1 plague that has everyone in a tizzy, it's just a plain-jane cold. I did the flu earlier this year, that was fun too.
So yeah, after spending a couple days/nights in a mucous and cold medicine-induced fog, I've come up with a few things that I feel need to be said.

  • I will never forgive them for neutering NyQuill just so they can keep it on the shelves. When you took the pseudoephedrine out, the drug addicts won! NyQuil blows now, the drug addicts found a way to make meth in smaller batches (with less PE) and I'm still looking for a good replacement. Thanks for nothing.
  • God Bless Proctor & Gamble for making Puffs tissues infused with Vicks VapoRub. Pure genius.
  • Someone needs to make facial tissues for MEN. Make 'em big. Make 'em strong, yet soft. Add some lotion to it so our manly noses don't get all red. (P&G if you're listening, Vicks would work too.) Put 'em on a paper towel roll. Put a guy like Brawny on the package. Us guys who use 2-3 tissues at a time will buy them. In the meantime, I'll keep using my Puffs and wait patiently for my check. Million dollar idea here, I better get a cut.
Ok, so maybe they didn't need to be said, oh well. Too late now.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, WHAT?

    You have Puffs with Vicks? I have never been more pissed off to be Canadian. Um, actually I've never been pissed off to be a Canadian.

    You know what? Screw that. You keep your VicksPuffs addictions.

    I'll keep my pseudoephedrine. That's right. I said it.

    Nana-nana-boo-boo.

    Oh. And? I do hope you feel better soon.

    One more thing. Do you think you could write an entry about all the ways in which I'm awesome? I mean, I really appreciate the shout out and everything, but a whole entry dedicated to me would be just stellar.

    I'm kidding.

    Mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can still get PE if I want it, I just have to go to the pharmacy counter to get it. That's convenient. Since they reformulated NyQuil so it could stay on the shelves, it's just not the same. The bastards.

    Puffs with Vicks are teh awesome. They don't last forever though. The Vicks scent eventually fades and you're left with half a box of regular Puffs in a Vicks green box.

    I'll get to work on that post. LOL

    ReplyDelete