Thursday, October 29, 2009

Simple Pleasures (Or "Its 1:30 am, what else is there to do?")

So it happened again. I dragged my tired body to bed before 11:00, fell asleep for a grand total of about 15 minutes, and woke up. Great. NOW what?

It's just about 1:30 in the morning as I write this, perched on the edge of my bed, in the dark, watching Nicktoons and eating a bowl (my second) of BooBerry cereal. Hey, don't knock the Boo, when I was a kid I used to LOVE those "monster" cereals... FrankenBerry, Count Chocula, and in a pinch, BooBerry. I think they had a wolfman-based fruit cereal for a while, but if I remember correctly, it was like eating crunchy Juicy-Fruit gum. Yeah, it was pretty brutal. Oh yeah, that's it! Fruit Brute! But I digress, those other three are the classics, they are pop-culture cereal ICONS, or at least they were. Nowadays, they only appear on the shelves in most stores in October. If you see 'em, stock up, they won't be getting more. (Until next year anyway.) For my international readers out there that may not have a freakin' clue as to what I'm talking about, check HERE.

No, I'm not turning into a shill for General Mills fine line of delicious and nutritious breakfast cereals. Part of this balanced breakfast, when served with milk, juice and toast. No no, nothing like that. The point I'm making is that... well, I kinda forget the point, but that's not important right now. What is important is that I am now out of cereal and it's 1:45. Kappa Mikey is on Nicktoons and anything close to an idea that I had for this post is now lost in a sugar-coated fog of caffeine-induced insomnia.

Oh yeah, I remember now. Duh... "Simple Pleasures"

I am a firm believer in growing older, but not up. Every once in a while it is important to do something just for the hell of it. Be a kid again. Take yourself back to the time when your biggest worry was that you forgot to do your science project over the weekend and you'll have to throw something together during lunch. Right now, I'm sitting on the edge of my bed in my house in Minnesota. In my mind, I'm on the floor in my parent's living room on a Saturday morning, back in Mundelein. The good cartoons are on, I'm full of cereal and I got the big pillow on the floor. Life is good.

I think I'll just snuggle in and enjoy it for a while. *yawn*

goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Cinnamon toast, hot chocolate and Scooby-doo... I hope you slept peacefully.

    ReplyDelete