Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of the "Naughties"

Aaah, the close of another decade.
Soon, we'll all be enjoying that "new decade smell" or whatever you want to call it.

Some places in the world are already enjoying the new decade, I hope they're being careful with it, don't spill champagne all over it now. It's brand new, for cryin' out loud! Some people... sheesh.

I don't know who originally coined the phrase "The Naughties" for this past decade, but whomever they are, I tip my hat to them. Well, my proverbial hat anyway. That was just brilliant. I can't come up with one for the 10's... let's hope someone is already on that because "the tens" kind of sucks.

I know you probably came here expecting me to throw out some soul-searching remembrances of the past year, but meh. I'm not in that mood today. No, I'm looking forward to the future. Bring on the new year and a new start. A fresh decade for a new beginning. You know, after that month of writing the wrong year on everything. Came close to writing 20010 yesterday... yeah, I shouldn't be looking THAT far into the future.

So, today's post is short but sweet. Whoever you are and wherever you live, here's hoping for a wonderful new year. Celebrate safe, and I'll see you in "the tens."

Tennies?
The Aught Tens?
Yeah, I suck at that. Come on "Naughties" Genius! We need you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, MadMan.

    I hope this year brings you closer to the ones you love, and that the future holds nothing but happiness.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you expect me to leave a warm fuzzy for you wishing you peace, joy and all that crap, forget it....
    How about something more realistic:
    I hope you have some great sex.
    I hope you don't loose too much hair.
    I hope you win at least %50 of your fights/battles.
    I hope you win soome money.
    And I WISH if you did, you gave me %50 of it.
    The End.
    ~ X ~

    ReplyDelete